Thursday, December 31, 2009

Closing out the year.

This year is almost over. I've blogged about a number of issues relevant to me and my community. In Chicago, there was a number of violent deaths on teens by teens. It is a sad day when people have become immune to this type of violence. I've asked before and I'm going to ask again, "Where is the village?" What is/has happened to the Black community? How can so many of us give up on future generations without even trying? It is not the sole responsibility of the teachers. What many of us know is many parents are children themselves and they don't know how to parent. We have to make a better effort in reclaiming out community. No one can or will do it for us. We need to stop looking for these celebrities and other prominent African Americans to save our children. I know many of us can come together for a number of "pyramid or ponzi schemes" but when it comes reclaiming our neighborhoods, we've turned a deaf ear and blind eye.

In 2010, make a vow to make a difference in a child's life. Stop being so self-centered and self-absorbed and help reclaim the Black community. I remember a time when the village was alive and kicking. Let's bring that back! We can't afford not to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment