Sunday, April 11, 2010

Parents need to be parents

The other day, I had a situation with one of my students who got into some trouble. It was a pressing matter in most eyes, however the parent didn't seem to think so. When the parent was notified, the replay was "I'm at work." Now, how can a parent be so cold and unconcerned when it comes to his or her child.

I am always baffled by parents who are too wrapped up in their own lives and they neglect their children. These kids didn't ask to come into this world and they shouldn't be punished for being here. I think it's amazing how almost every profession requires the individual to go through a variety of test to ensure they are qualified for the job. Wouldn't it be nice if parenting had those same stipulations?

Parenting is a full-time job and with very few breaks. It would be nice if people would think about what a parent is and all that it entails before bringing a child into this world. I encounter so many children who are crying out for the love and affection from their parents and the parents are not listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment