Sunday, January 9, 2011

Before you get in business, learn how to operate one.

Just the other night, I was going through some old mail. As I was looking through the Valpak, I came across an advertisement for a nail spa. I had reason to suspect that this was not a reputable place, but I decided to look at the website for fun.

When I went to the website, I was a bit impressed. It appeared to be done with care. As I continued to look at the various sections I was really surprised. That was until I got to the picture gallery. When I went to the picture gallery, I noticed quite a few pictures that appeared to be taken from other publications. So, I go to this one nail company website and look at their pictures and walah! There were most if not all the images on this nail company website. I could not believe it. (Well, I could.) I guess the nail spa didn't expect a licensed nail technician to look at their website and identify the images.

The next concern I have is this another salon. I was on a website for a shoe store I like to frequent. I saw that this salon sponsored the shoe store ad so I decided to click on the salon website to see what it was all about. Well, it seemed nice but when I tried to click on the links, they were not working. That is not good. So in my ignorance, I kept on clicking various areas to see if I would be successful and I was not. When I finally was able to click on an area, the information appeared to be written in French.

Now, I am wondering: Why would you post a website that is not fully functional? Do you think people are going to remember to come back and check it in a few weeks or months? More than likely, NOT! I am beginning to wonder if people actually think before they decide to call themselves operating a business.

My dear friends, before you decide to operate a business, learn how to run one.

No comments:

Post a Comment